You stand before the most important decision of your country’s modern history.
Up until now we left our politicians to deal with your crisis as a mathematical equation.
We allowed populists of the left and the right to use their rhetoric to divide us.
We have been silent for far too long.
This is the time to make your voice heard; where politicians have failed and technocrats have come short, it is you, the people of Greece, who will now decide your own fate.
We stand by your side and share the burden of your decision. It is time we unite our voices and we claim back our Europe of citizens.
Your decision is an important one. For yourselves, your family and your country. But also for our Europe as a whole.
Our challenges are common and so is our destiny, even if the times we live in are hard, there is more that unites us than divides us.
Together we can make our common currency an agent of prosperity not austerity. We will not rest until reform takes precedence over cost-cutting. Until responsibility is awarded with unity. Until solidarity is placed above economics.
You have the chance to claim back your future, to choose Europe. Our Europe. Together we will end this crisis.
- Jo Leinen MEP, President, European Movement International;
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International;
- Eva Paunova, Vice President, European Movement International;
- Frédéric Vallier, Vice President, European Movement International;
- Jean-Marie Beaupuy, EMI Board Member;
- Maja Bobic, EMI Board Member; EM Serbia;
- Olivier Hinnekens, EMI Board Member;
- Claudia Muttin, EMI Board Member;
- Katja Tuokko, EMI Board Member;
- Christian Wenning, EMI Board Member;
- Daniel Correa, Citizens for Europe;
- Michalis Angelopoulos, President, EM Greece;
- Pier Virgilio Dastoli, President, EM Italy;
- Dr. Rainer Wend, President, EM Germany;
- Pauline Gessant, Young European Federalists (JEF);
- Conny Reuter, Secretary General, SOLIDAR;
- Laura Sandys, Chairperson, EM UK;
- José Conde Rodrigues, EM Portugal;
- Jan Erik Grindheim, President, EM Norway
- Kirsti Methi, Secretary General, EM Norway
- Miguel Angel Benedicto, Secretary General, EM Spain;
- Antonella Valmorbida, Secretary General, ALDA – The European Association for Local Democracy;
More signatories will be added here as we receive them.
Photograph courtesy of Ed Yourdon [Flickr]. Published under a Creative Commons licence.
Author : Blogactiv Team